Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bratwurst March 15, 1995 - November 2, 2009

It has been a few days since I have made any posts to this blog. Sadly, I had to euthanize a beloved pet, that I have had all these many years. He has been one of the best sous chefs in the business and shall be truly missed. With him in the kitchen, I never had to clean one thing from the floor. Brats, as he was fondly called, had loss his sight, hearing and control of all bodily functions. He had even lost the ability to stand. It broke my heart to do it but I know that it was best for him. I feel somehow he knew and was happy with the decision. As I sat with him in my arms at the vet's office, he actually had a smile on his face. I was unable to watch the procedure but knew the instance he passed on from this life. That was the connection we felt. Now I must move forward alone without him but he will always be with me in my heart. I thank all of you that read this to bear me this indulgence. Charles Henson

No comments:

Post a Comment