Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Angels, I See Angels

What goes through your mind when faced with mortality, is beyond me, I just knew at that instance I was not going to die. Karma, fate, the good deeds, divine intervention, call it what you want but at that moment, I remember turning the wheels sharply to the left and the car being lifted off the ground. I ended up in a grassy knoll on the side of the expressway. Visibly shaken and profusely sweating, I began taking stock of what had just happened. I had just survived a near death experience, my little car that could was still running and I was free to go. Anyone who does not believe in God at this point can stop reading. Cautiously moving off the knoll, I felt that my little car had incurred some damage. I drove very slowly for about two miles and then stopped to ask directions. I stopped at a gas station where this nice latin lady did not speak English but there was another man who spoke a little and assured me that I was going in the right direction. At this point I just wanted to get home. I felt like Dorothy in Oz. Again I found a street that was on my mapquest direction, but, do I turn left or right, again I make the wrong choice, the difference now is that I could see the downtown skyline and I knew however lost I was that I would eventually make it to the Emerald City. Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment