Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Can See Clearly Now

Traumatic experiences like these always gives one cause for personal reflection. Even though I had looked death in the face, I had also survived. I walked away shaken but unharmed. Was the Force truly with me? Had I personally been given this mission because no one else on the planet could do it but me? Having come out of this with nothing more that my car being out of alignment, I happily chose to believe the latter and surged forward with a newly found zeal. With the instincts of a thousand hunter gathers before me, I decided even before I knew what I would be teaching each group of kids, that supplies and ingredients would be required. Where does one find food? Why, at a supermarket, of course. The first one that I came to was in my neighborhood. I approached the manager, a charming lady of great stature with a cheery smile and demeanor to match, and forthrightly asked for a donation. Expecting to get a lot of doublespeak and red tape, I was pleasantly surprised when she said that her store would be glad to help. Having leaped this hurdle the second was easy. I also work at a specialty food store with a wonderland of ingredients, so I expected nothing less of my corporation. My general manager was more than happy to oblige. Somewhere a path appeared and was brightly lite with my next move. I could not wait to make it. Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment