Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chaos Theory

After a brief tour of the facility and being introduced to a few key players (the lady in charge of discipline was my favorite), I was shown the kitchen. It was adequate enough, cabinets, a refrigerator (crammed full of juice boxes), double sink and to my surprise a restaurant stove. I could do this. The director and I worked out a plan, I was to come every Tuesday at 1 pm and would have 20 kids each time starting with Level 1, K-2nd grade, then Level 2: 3rd-6th grade, Level 3: 7th-9th grade, and the infamous Level 4 Teens (I love them). Knowing the plan, I started to think of the next step. Form a menu, procure the materials and create the lesson plan. No problem. Little did I know that I was about to make a terrible mistake. Starting back, I got out my trusty mapquest directions and started to reverse the course in my mind. It was rush hour and at some point I made a wrong turn and ended up at an octopus of an intersection where 8 streets converged with a railroad track running through. With only 30 seconds to decide and a thousand cars behind me, I chose a street where there were no cars, bad mistake. I began to hear a symphony of horns all hearlding my impending doom. I had turned down the exit ramp of the freeway. When I realized what I had done, there was a city bus and an 18-wheeler coming directly at me. Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment